A domain name may sound a tad bit of technical jargon but, it is simply an identity of a computer on the internet; something through which a computer is recognized on the internet. In the minds of the customers however, a domain name enhances the image of your organization to a great extent. Domain names are renewed after a certain time period and many new domain names are being introduced for the ease of users.
Changing domain names is not as difficult as it seems if you start right. Just follow these simple steps mentioned below to if you plan to change a domain name:
Click the option “Domain Name” in the site control.
Click the option “Change Domain Name” from the domain name management page. After some time, change domain name page will be displayed on your screen.
Read the information on this page carefully and understand it well. Double check that you have done the essential back up of the files. It is very important that you take the backup correctly, so take your time to do it right.
Next, enter the new domain name and click the option “Change Domain Name”.
A confirmation page will be displayed.
Read the information on this page carefully and make the necessary modifications.
Finally click on the “Confirm Domain Name Change” page.
Your domain name has been changed and loaded.
But before you actually go ahead and change you domain name here are a couple of tips that you may find useful:
1. Do you have many customers visiting your pages? If yes, be prudent when changing the domain name, because your existing customers may not be aware of the name change. You don’t want to lose them, do you?
2. Re-design all the web pages keeping in mind the new domain name. And remember, when you upload a new domain on the web always check whether the website is functional under the new domain or not. This sounds very obvious but is quite a common error. Many people don’t check and regret it later.
3. The new domain name may face the problem of aging delay. This is natural as, search engines may not be familiar with new domain name. To work around this problem, try using the old domain name until the new domain name is established. Of course, you will be the best judge of the on ground reality, or should we say the virtual reality!
4. Register with Google webmaster tools. These tools are helpful in examining the links and redirects of websites. If everything goes well, you can introduce your websites with the new domain names. This kind of investment may give you maximum profits with time. You can also opt for changing domain names at reasonable prices. However, this system of domain name change doesn’t apply fully to big businesses, as the information log of all the employees working in large organizations also has to be updated. This may pose a slight problem.
All in all, changing a domain name has its advantages for an organization even though you need to be prepared to face the initial hiccups.
Domain Names Guide
- A Note On Transferring Domain Names
- Changing Domain Names
- Comparing Domain Names To Sub Domain Names
- Domain Name Generator- Coming Up With The Best Domain Names
- Domain Name Registration
- Domain Names And Search Engine Optimization
- Domain Names At Cheap Rates
- Exploring Expired Domain Names
- How To Choose Good Domain Names
- Importance Of Domain Names
- New Domain Names For Everyone
- Points To Know Before Buying Domain Names
- Reselling Domain Names
- Role Of Domain Names In The Success Of An Online Business
- Tips On How To Choose A Good Domain Name
- Understanding The Concept of Multiple Domains
- What Are Domain Names?
- What Is Domain Parking?
- What You Need To Know About Domain Name Renewal
- Why Choose To Buy Existing Domain Names?