We know that a domain name is the “web based identity” or “name” that makes a site easy to use and search. But actually, the domain name or the address of the computer is a set of complicated numbers. Something which most people will find hard to remember as well as annoying to type in. But thankfully the Domain Name System (DNS) allows computers to convert numbers into a form of letters. And of course, such a combination of letters is convenient to remember and understand.
Things get still better. Earlier acquiring a preferred domain name was a costly affair, but now with the relentless growth in technology, cheap domain names can be easily found. Things are definitely looking up.
Why bother with a domain name?
Customers nowadays, want a business to feature on some easily accessible site so it’s easy to check it out. With cheap domain names this is very easily done. Further, domain name registration also provides the benefits of having information like the business’s products and other special features, added to that name. This in turn helps the customers to find the business online without wasting much time and energy.
A particular domain name that is registered by a particular company allows the internet users to reach that company through their website, with little or no hassle. In any case, a domain name was always considered important for major businesses; even before the arrival of cheap domain names.
Now and then
In the early days of the internet, domain names were available only from one organization, the Network Solutions, operating through a unique government contract. Naturally, domain names then were very expensive with costs to the tune of ₤100 and more. The development of the World Wide Web was followed by the constitution of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers or ICANN, a non profit organization with private sector participation. In the wake of deregulation, cheap domain names were also introduced. This actually supported higher competition in the domain registration sector. Now, with a large number of competitors in the cheap domain names industry the prices of domain names have fallen to around ₤5- ₤10 per year. A far cry from those expensive earlier days.
Choosing cheap domain names correctly
A website always has a less professional position and accessibility on the popular search engines like Google or MSN if it lacks a good domain name. So you can understand the importance of choosing a domain name well. It’s a difficult choice indeed. And with the huge amount of business riding on these names it becomes even more so. So here are the things to remember while choosing a cheap domain name:
1. It must suit your company needs and be relevant to the products and/or services offered.
2. The domain name should come with additional features
3. It should be easy to remember
4. It should attract users
5. Last but not the least; remember that the keywords play a pivotal role in improving the overall ranking of one’s site on the top search engines. And you would like as many hits on your domain name as possible.
6. As the registry of domain name is convenient and quick, compare the rates of domain names available at cheap costs.
Thousands of domain names are being registered everyday. And with so much riding on these names why not take the help of an experienced credited registrar and get your site a good name.
Domain Names Guide
- A Note On Transferring Domain Names
- Changing Domain Names
- Comparing Domain Names To Sub Domain Names
- Domain Name Generator- Coming Up With The Best Domain Names
- Domain Name Registration
- Domain Names And Search Engine Optimization
- Domain Names At Cheap Rates
- Exploring Expired Domain Names
- How To Choose Good Domain Names
- Importance Of Domain Names
- New Domain Names For Everyone
- Points To Know Before Buying Domain Names
- Reselling Domain Names
- Role Of Domain Names In The Success Of An Online Business
- Tips On How To Choose A Good Domain Name
- Understanding The Concept of Multiple Domains
- What Are Domain Names?
- What Is Domain Parking?
- What You Need To Know About Domain Name Renewal
- Why Choose To Buy Existing Domain Names?