Search engine optimization is making better optimized web pages. The higher the ranking it will receive from the search engines web crawlers, the higher its ranking the more traffic your website will have, the more traffic your website has the more profit your website will generate. The key is good internet search engine optimization.>
Why is having a receiving a high ranking so important to the future success of your online business? Studies have shown that consumers seldom look at websites that don't rank a spot on of the first two pages the search engines displays. Websites that receive a ranking that places them on the third page (or any other pages after that) see a significantly lower amount of traffic at their websites then one that is ranked on the second page. There is even a staggering difference between the first and second page. In the world of e-commerce ranking and strong search engine optimization is everything.
At first search engine optimization may feel like trying to rappel down the Grand Canyon, a huge scary world full of big words like web crawlers, PageRank, Meta tags, and algorithms. You've never heard of any of these things. A quick internet search of the world algorithm doesn't help; all you got was a printout of strange symbols and numbers arranged in complex algebraic equations.
Sit back, take a deep breath, and try to relax. Search engine optimization is a lot simpler then you might think. First things first.
Algorithms really are every bit as complex as they look. Simply defined they are a finite set of carefully defined instructions. Most, if not all, computer programs are designed with strict algorithms.
PageRank is simply the program Google designed to search, index, and rank it registered webpage's. PageRank operates on a link analysis algorithm. PageRank is credited for Google incredible success.
Web crawlers are tools search engines use to browse the World Wide Web in a methodical, automated manner. When web crawlers are browsing websites they are looking for algorithms.
Meta tags are special HTML tags that provide information to about a web page. Meta tags are written directly into the title tag and are only visible to the search engine.
The reality of search engine optimization is that you can start to optimize your website without any knowledge at all of the technical stuff involved in search engine optimization. Simply stated the very first step in designing a website that is going to be well ranked by the search engines is to create a content rich site. What this means is that you must cram as much information about your product into your website as you possibly can.
The third step to search engine optimization is to fill your site with keywords that will attract the web crawler's attention. The final step in a wonderfully optimized website is to submit it to the search engine that will compliment it.
SEO Related Articles
- Algorithms-The Foundation of Search Engine Optimization
- Basic Information about Search Engine Optimization
- Become Successful By Using Search Engine Optimization
- Controversy Lends a Helping Hand to Search Engine Optimization
- Designing a Web Crawler Friendly Web Site
- Finding a Search Engine Optimization Company
- Google and PageRank-Search Engine Optimization's Dream Team
- Google versus Yahoo!
- How Title and Meta Tags are used for Search Engine Optimization
- Maximize Business Profitability With Search Engine Optimization Techniques
- Natural Search Engine Optimization or Pay-Per-Click
- Newer is not Always Better When it Involves Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing-How it Differs from Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization and the Knight
- Search Engine Optimization Simplified
- Search Engine Optimization-Budgeting
- Search Engine Optimization-Web Crawlers
- Social Media Optimization
- Spamdexing-the Bane of Search Engine Optimization
- The Definition of Search Engine Optimization
- The History of Internet Search Engines
- Three Basic Steps to Search Engine Optimization
- Yahoo! Search Engine Optimization