We live in a world where everybody wants the latest and greatest, somewhere along the way we have come to the conclusion that the newer something is the better. If we are buying a CD it has to be the latest release from the new one hit wonder, we don't care if the song writer couldn't tell melody from harmony or that the singer is incapable of carrying a tune, all that matters is that it's new. Each fall hundreds of people scramble to get to car dealerships, frantic to drive the next years models, barely capable of waiting for them to be unloaded off the truck, it doesn't matter if we are six months behind on car payments on last years model which is in perfect running condition, we're blinded by all the bells and whistles that the new cars have to offer. People will stand in a long line, overnight, in an electrical storm to simply to spend an unhealthy amount of money on the latest electronic gadget just because it is brand new, we don't care that in just a few months it will be a fraction of the cost, we have to have it now.
Even internet service suffers from the right now syndrome. For years we were content with dialup service. Sure it was slow but it was that or nothing. Heck we hardly noticed that it took hours to download a simple, days to upload a couple of pictures, download a video... that was practically unheard off. We didn't know any better. Now that the world has found out about all the new options for internet service we have to have that. It doesn't matter that it is double the monthly cost or we have to default on are student loans in order to purchase the necessary equipment. If it is cordless, faster, and designed with the latest technology we have to have it...right now.
We don't care if the old stuff is made with better materials, last longer, and is cheaper. In our minds old equals junk.
Search engine optimization is one spot where we should force ourselves to shed our weird inhibitions about old stuff. When it comes to search engine optimization, age rules over youth.
Search engine optimization is the art and science of making web pages attractive to the search engines. The more attractive a web site appears (search engines are attracted, not to beauty, but to repetitious algorithms) the higher it ranks in the search engines search result. A low ranking could potentially be the kiss of death to an internet based business because studies have shown the internet users seldom look past the second page of hits.
Search engines use web crawlers to determine a websites ranking.
Older websites and the webmasters who manage them have had more time to develop and maintain their algorithms. They are already itemized and ranked by the search engines, in some cases it can take three months for a web crawler to get around to spidering a brand new website that has been submitted to the search engine, old sites are already appearing and gaining customer recognition. If an older site has been around long enough to have earned a loyal customer base, even if a shuffle in the rankings causes the aged web site to be bumped from prime ranking position, loyal customers will still look for it.
SEO Related Articles
- Algorithms-The Foundation of Search Engine Optimization
- Basic Information about Search Engine Optimization
- Become Successful By Using Search Engine Optimization
- Controversy Lends a Helping Hand to Search Engine Optimization
- Designing a Web Crawler Friendly Web Site
- Finding a Search Engine Optimization Company
- Google and PageRank-Search Engine Optimization's Dream Team
- Google versus Yahoo!
- How Title and Meta Tags are used for Search Engine Optimization
- Maximize Business Profitability With Search Engine Optimization Techniques
- Natural Search Engine Optimization or Pay-Per-Click
- Newer is not Always Better When it Involves Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing-How it Differs from Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization and the Knight
- Search Engine Optimization Simplified
- Search Engine Optimization-Budgeting
- Search Engine Optimization-Web Crawlers
- Social Media Optimization
- Spamdexing-the Bane of Search Engine Optimization
- The Definition of Search Engine Optimization
- The History of Internet Search Engines
- Three Basic Steps to Search Engine Optimization
- Yahoo! Search Engine Optimization