Search engine marketing is a set of marketing methods used to increase the visibility of a website in search engine results pages. Types of search engine marketing include; search engine optimization, pay per click, paid inclusion, and social media optimization. Search engine marketing differs from search engine optimization which is the art and science of making web pages attractive to internet search engines.
Non-profit organizations, universities, political parties, and the government can all benefit from search engine marketing. Businesses that sell products and/or services online can use search engine marketing to help improve their sales figures.
Some of the goals of search engine marketing are to develop a brand, generate media coverage, and enhancing a reputation, and to drive business to a physical location.
If you do not feel confident enough to try your own search engine marketing there are several companies that will be able to help you out for a price. If you decide to go with a search engine marketing company take your time and shop around, find a company that really suits your own businesses search engine marketing needs.
Stay away from companies that promise top rankings. Most companies that promise tope ranking are more interested in your money then they are in keeping your business. Quite often this type of company will charge you top doller, spend a few days making sure your website has a few basic requirements and that is the last you hear from them. This type of search engine marketing company is not really interested in repeat customers.
Tread carefully around companies that promise first page rankings on the major search engines like Google and Yahoo. Make sure these companies are talking about sponsored listings and not just natural listings. Companies that are only after natural listings traditionally charge a large monthly fee, using a small portion of the money on sponsored listings, and pocketing the remainder.
The false promise most commonly used by shady search engine marketing companies is the money back guarantee. Generally if you read the contract very carefully you will lean that these companies have a very strange idea of major search engine. Companies that have a money back guarantee typically don't deal with the search engine movers and shakers like Google and Yahoo, instead they use small obscure search engines that are hardly ever used.
The Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (SEMPO) was created in 2003 to offer the public educational resources about search engine marketing and to also promote search engine marketing. Currently SEMPO represents over 500 global search engine marketing companies. Sempo is happy to offer their resources to the public for free. SEMPO has offers search engine marketing training courses for any and all interested parties who would like to expand their knowledge of search engine marketing. SEMPO's objectives are to teach search engine marketing strategies, techniques, and successful practices, to increase the availability and quality f its professionals, and to offer training courses that will help to establish a benchmark for search engine marketing. The cost of a SEMPO training course can range anywhere from five hundred dollars for a fundamentals of search marketing class, to over two thousand dollars for an advanced search advertising course.
SEO Related Articles
- Algorithms-The Foundation of Search Engine Optimization
- Basic Information about Search Engine Optimization
- Become Successful By Using Search Engine Optimization
- Controversy Lends a Helping Hand to Search Engine Optimization
- Designing a Web Crawler Friendly Web Site
- Finding a Search Engine Optimization Company
- Google and PageRank-Search Engine Optimization's Dream Team
- Google versus Yahoo!
- How Title and Meta Tags are used for Search Engine Optimization
- Maximize Business Profitability With Search Engine Optimization Techniques
- Natural Search Engine Optimization or Pay-Per-Click
- Newer is not Always Better When it Involves Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing-How it Differs from Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization and the Knight
- Search Engine Optimization Simplified
- Search Engine Optimization-Budgeting
- Search Engine Optimization-Web Crawlers
- Social Media Optimization
- Spamdexing-the Bane of Search Engine Optimization
- The Definition of Search Engine Optimization
- The History of Internet Search Engines
- Three Basic Steps to Search Engine Optimization
- Yahoo! Search Engine Optimization